Welcome to the New Adventures of the Princess and the Peanut! I am so glad that you have dropped by for a visit... please leave a comment! I love having visitors and making new friends! If you want to follow along, just click on the link on the right side of this page. Much Love, Gracie and Jack's Momma!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Unexpected Visitor...

So, this morning we had our day all planned out... We were going to get up early, go to Sam's, pick up a few things, run to Walmart, pick up the pictures for Michelle's shower, an then come home and get ready for the Shower. Grace and I were going to ride over to Norwood with Grandma McClain, and have a great day visiting with the cousins and Aunt Sue. Well, just as Doug started to undress Grace to get ready for the day, I took her and cuddled her for a moment and then sat her down on my bed to play for a minute. That is when I saw it... she had a little blister looking bump on her belly. Then... a few minutes later... she had 3 more, then a few minutes after that... she had even more. At first... thought it might have just been a bug bite. Unfortunately, it wasn't a bug bit... more like a chicken bite! Yep.... she has the pox. WE called the nurse and she said that it sure sounded like it, but to just watch it, and if they started to bust, then scab over, it was definitely chicken pox. So... plans changed. I still went shopping and Grace stayed home with her daddy. After that, we went to the shower without her. Poor little thing... by the time that I got home, she had a ton of them all over her! I will try to post some pics of her later... In the meantime, please pray for Gracie, and Gracie's momma! :)

2 comments:

marshan said...

awwww..bless her little heart. I have heard it's better for them to get them when they're young than later......

momof2beautifulgirls said...

OH she won't even remember them.... Just document it for her... Poor thing....