Welcome to the New Adventures of the Princess and the Peanut! I am so glad that you have dropped by for a visit... please leave a comment! I love having visitors and making new friends! If you want to follow along, just click on the link on the right side of this page. Much Love, Gracie and Jack's Momma!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day and beyond...

Ok, that sounded really mysterious, but really it was just my funny way of saying that this post is going to be about our weekend. LOL!

My husband is so sweet. The reason that I say this is because, even though he (and by he, I really mean, his church... not mine) does not celebrate a lot of holidays that the rest of the world does, he still brought be a gift on Friday night to show me how much he loves me. Now... no, he is not Jehovah's Witness, and no, they are not Jewish. They are United Church of God, and basically they keep the Sabbath and Holy days. I prefer not to go into it at great length, but the real reason I am even mentioning it is because I have to set up my Valentine's Day.

So... getting back to our weekend.... on Friday night he took me and Grace out to a wonderful dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. After we got home and put Grace to bed, I can't remember what I said, but basically he said... "Hold that thought!" and ran out into the garage and brought back in a pink(my favorite color) gift back. He even had tissue paper in it! Awww....
I would show you a picture, but honestly, what was inside was a tasteful nightie that I am sure he would prefer I kept under wraps. It was very pretty though... again, in my favorite color. {wink, wink}! There was also some very nice smelling perfume from the Avenue(where he got the nightie), and 2 chocolate covered marshmallow hearts. And there was even a card that sang a song by one of our favorites, Johnny Cash! And... on the inside was a sweet poem about how even though this was not a "Valentine's day" gift, he still wanted to show me how much he loved me. Now see... isn't he sweet?

Saturday we went to his church and then after church we went to Cracker Barrell for lunch. We are very thankful that Grace was very good both nights. We have been very lucky in taking her to dinner with us, and she generally knows that when we are out, she must behave. I am sure that this will not always be the case, but we have been very fortunate thus far! :)
After lunch we came home and just rested and hung out. Very enjoyable day all together! :)
Finally, on Sunday, I had made an appointment to have our pictures taken at JCPenny. I was really nervous, because the last two times that we took Grace to have her pictures taken, it was not such a success. We got some good pics... These were her 9 month pictures and she was dubbed the crying angel...

C'mon... how cute is that?

precious....

This was titles angel kisses! :)

Look at that belly! Mmmm....

This was my favorite! :)

So, even though those are really good, considering she cried half the time, we didn't get any smiles at all! Wow... what a difference 9 months makes! Check out the proof papers...(as soon as I get the e-mail showing the pics in color, I will be posting them on here as well! :)
So... sorry this is the best I have for now. I really can't wait to get the e-mail showing these pics off! They really are awesome! Gracie had some special pics taken with her daddy, and besides our family pics, they are probably my favorite!







So... as you can see... we had a great day! It started off a bit iffy.... couldn't figure out what we should all wear, but it really could not have been more perfect!
And that was our really nice weekend! Thanks for letting me share! :)

6 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Great pictures, I know it is so hard to choose. And, so hard not to spend way too much.

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

That's so sweet of him! My guy doesn't celebrate holidays either, but it's because of his culture... He usually manages something for me on my birthday (also not something they celebrate), but that's about it....I usually just get something for myself, so it all works out....

I understand about the pictures. We took TigerBoy at 18 months, and though he didn't cry, he wouldn't stay in the photo area, he kept wanting to come over to me.......But we managed a few good pics. Can't wait to see your new shots, looks like they turned out great!

Thanks for following me, and the referrals and blog, I've got you down! Hopefully, there will be one more follower, so I can do the drawing!!!.........

marshan said...

I LOVE JcPenney's portraits. They do such a good job.

Librarian or Teacher said...

Love the pictures. Too cute. :)

Esther said...

How did you ever choose? She is so precious! Thanks for sharing! ;-)

momof2beautifulgirls said...

OH Sweet! My husband made me cry for Valentine's day (but because he didn't get me anything oh well) Can't wait to see the pictures.